copy of FITPAWS Peanut 50 cm Red
FitPAWS® Peanut is an inflatable tool with an elongated peanut-shaped design created specifically to work on the balance, proprioception and physical shape of the dog
Policies for your safety
FitPAWS® Peanut is an inflatable instrument with an elongated peanut-shaped design created specifically to work on the balance, proprioception and physical shape of the dog. The thick layer of PVC with which it is made has been chosen for use with dogs to better withstand the wear caused by the nails.
FitPAWS® Peanut, with its particular peanut shape, is perfect for increasing balance, stability and awareness in the movement of limbs in sports and work dogs; it is also good for the rehabilitation and therapy of convalescent dogs. FitPAWS® Peanut can also be used with puppies and puppies to work on unstable surfaces.
The peanut shape, unique in its kind, limits movement during the work session in two directions giving greater stability to the dog and allowing a selective and more controlled work. This characteristic turns out to be extremely important when working with dogs at the first experiences or with particularly fearful subjects. It is also possible to further adjust the degree of stability of FitPAWS® Peanut by acting on the inflation pressure of the same. Its particular shape gives versatility to the instrument that can be used to work on antero-posterior or latero-lateral movements, important to propose and introduce, even in inexperienced dogs, physical conditioning and core-training.
Why is a peanut better than a ball for a dog?
It is preferable to use FitPAWS® Peanut compared to a classic inflatable ball for human use for a number of non-negligible reasons, in fact when a dog is placed on four legs balanced on a ball
- assumes an unnatural and uncomfortable position
- neck and back have an unnatural inclination
- dog and handler struggle to manage the situation and do not relax
Starting from these reasons, the product FitPAWS® Peanut was created which, thanks to its shape, brings a series of benefits:
- larger support surface
- the dog manages to stay standing by assuming a natural position
- the neck and back are not contracted
- greater control and safety at work
- tear-resistant material
- peanut shape to promote stretching exercises
How to choose the right size:
Choosing the correct size of FitPAWS® Peanut for your dog depends a lot on the type of exercises you intend to perform. The size referred to in the item is the maximum inflation height. You can decide whether or not you want to inflate FitPAWS® Peanut to the maximum height or stop at a lower height. In any case, you must never exceed the size shown on the box. If you plan to use the article mainly for a work of balance and balance it is important to measure the distance between the front and back legs with the dog standing still, this distance can be used to choose the correct size of the article. It is always possible to use a higher size for small dogs but it is always not recommended to use a smaller size than the right one for the size of the dog. If you have more than one dog choose the size of FitPAWS® Peanut based on the size of the larger dog. For work activities with the dog resting on the ground with two legs it is necessary to choose the size slightly lower than the height of the withers.
The package contains: FitPAWS® Peanut, hand pump, explanatory DVD
- FitPAWS® Peanut 40 cm Yellow - height 40 cm, length 81 cm
- FitPAWS® Peanut 50 cm Red - height 50 cm, length 92 cm
- FitPAWS® Peanut 60 cm Blue - height 60 cm, length 111 cm
- FitPAWS® Peanut 70 cm Yellow - height 70 cm, length 128 cm
- FitPAWS® Peanut 80 cm Red - height 80 cm, length 157 cm
Distance between paws up to 51 cm:
- example: Yorkie, Dachshund, Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, Maltese, Boston Terrier
- recommended size: 40cm, 50cm, 60cm, 70cm, 80cm
Distance between paws up to 61 cm:
- example: Sheltie, Corgi, Beagle, Mini Schauzer, Bulldog, Bichon Frise
- recommended size: 50cm, 60cm, 70cm, 80cm
Distance between paws up to 76 cm:
- example: Australian Shepherd, Border Collie
- recommended size: 60cm, 70cm, 80cm
Distance between paws up to 104 cm:
- example: Golden Retriever, Labrador, Boxer, Rottweiler
- recommended size: 70cm, 80cm
Distance between paws up to 117 cm:
- example: Mastiff, German Shepherd, Maremma Shepherd, Swiss Cattle
- recommended size: 80cm
How to inflate your Peanut FitPAWS®:
The correct method to verify that FitPAWS® Peanut is inflated correctly is to measure the height of the product and not to check the inflation pressure, you can still choose not to completely inflate the product to have a lower height and increase the stability of the product. It is possible to inflate FitPAWS® Peanut using a manual air pump or a small compressor equipped with a special reducer, if at the first use it is difficult to reach the correct size you must let the product rest, partially inflated, for a few hours and then conclude the inflation. Once you have reached the desired height you must be sure to press the closure cap all the way down as long as the plug head is flush with the surface. This will ensure a good seal. When FitPAWS® Peanut is completely inflated it turns out to be more rigid and reactive in movements creating more demanding working conditions for the dog.
BROWSE THE FITPAWS CATALOGUE TRANSLATED INTO ITALIAN
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE THE BEST USE OF FITPAWS PRODUCTS? RELY ON OFFICIAL MASTER TRAINERS